Photographs of Synagogues in the Albany, N.Y. Area

PRI5516

Quantity: 8 black-and-white photographs mounted on cardboard (4 x 9 cm.-25 x 20 cm., mounted on cardboard 15 x 11 cm.-31 x 26 cm.)
Access: Open for research.  Library does not own photonegatives.
Restrictions: White cotton gloves must be worn when handling photographs. Library does not own copyright. Not to be used without the permission of Morris Konikoff
Acquisition: Unknown
Processed By: James Summa, Senior Librarian, Manuscripts and Special Collections, 2007

Printable Version (PDF, 29 KB)pdf icon

View catalog record

Scope Note: 

Photographs of synagogues in the Albany, N.Y., area.  Plate 1 has two photographs (Prints 1 and 2) mounted on one board. Prints 3-7 have “Konikoff” stamped in lower right corner and “Not to be used without the permission of Morris Konikoff” hand written on backs.

List of Photographs:

Print Description
1 Synagogue Sons of Israel, Federal Street. Front view of the building.
2 Synagogue Tifereth Israel, Partridge Street. Front view of the building.
3 Synagogue Agudath Achim, Ferry Street. Front and side (corner) view of the building taken from across the street.
4 Temple Israel, New Scotland Avenue. Front and partial side view of the building taken from across the street. Not to be used without the permission of Morris Konikoff.
5 Synagogue Ohav Sholom, Washington Avenue. Front view of the building taken from across the street.  Not to be used without the permission of Morris Konikoff.
6 Synagogue Beth El Jacob, Herkimer Street. Front and partial side view of the building taken from across the street. Automobiles are parked in front and on side of the building. Not to be used without the permission of Morris Konikoff.
7 Synagogue Bnai Avraham, Franklin Street. Front and side (corner) view of the building taken from across the street. Not to be used without the permission of Morris Konikoff.
8 Temple Beth Emeth, Lancaster Street. Front and partial side view of the building taken from across the street. Corner of Lancaster, Swan and Jay Streets in Albany. The cornerstone was laid on Nov. 24, 1887. The dedication of this building as the temple of Congregation Beth Emeth was held May 23-24, 1889. The Congregation moved to a newer building in May 1957. This building was later sold to an African-American Christian church and became known as the Wilborn Temple. Not to be used without the permission of Morris Konikoff.
Last Updated: February 23, 2010