New York State Agency Databases
Find: People or Businesses | Data about Government | Other Dtaa Collected by NYS Government
Find People or Businesses
- Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS): Provider Directory Search - You can search for Prevention Providers, Treatment Providers, or Providers of Clinical Screening and Assessment Services for the Impaired Driving Offender.
- Attorneys (Directory of New York State Attorneys) - New York State Unified Court System: Search by name for an attorney registered in New York State. Business address and telephone number are provided.
- Charities Bureau Registry Search - Office of New York State Attorney General.
- Corporation and Business Entity Database - Department of State: Database includes business and not-for-profit corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships, as well as other miscellaneous businesses.
- Inmate Population Information Search - Search this NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision database by name for inmate information such as location, status, and legal dates.
- Insurance Company Search - Search this NYS Department of Finance database for insurance companies by name or NAIC number.
- Kosher Registry Search - Search this NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets database for products, stores and certifiers.
- License Center - The NY License Center is the State’s official licensing portal where New Yorkers can apply for and manage their New York State business, professional, occupational and recreational licenses.
- Missing Persons Clearinghouse - 1-800-FIND-KID (1-800-346-3543) - Search this Division of Criminal Justice Services database by name, or browse photos of missing children, college students, and vulnerable adults.
- Physician Profile - Search this NYS Department of Health database for profiles of licensed doctors of medicine and doctors of osteopathy who are registered to practice in New York State.
- Professional Licenses - Search this NYS Education Department database for information on the records of more than 1,000,000 licensees in the professions regulated by the Department (e.g. medicine, nursing, pharmacy, law, architecture), including the more than 610,000 who are currently registered to practice within the State. Other online verification searches include: Pharmacy Establishments, Professional Business Entities, and Discipline Actions. A NYS Licensed Professions List includes license requirements and application forms, and links to professional sssociations' web Sites.
- Professional Misconduct and Physician Discipline Search - Search this NYS Department of Health database by physician name, license number or type, or effective date.
- Sex Offender Registry (NYS) - The Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) is responsible for maintaining New York's Sex Offender Registry, "which provides New Yorkers information about sex offenders living in their communities."
- State Government Telephone Directory - Search or browse New York State government listings by individual or organization. Also includes toll-free numbers and other information.
Find Information about State and Local Governement
- Campaign Finance Database - Board of Elections: Search electronically filed disclosure statements.
- e.Courts - Search a variety of judicial files at this New York State Unified Court Sytem site. Find out "how to electronically file or track a case, find future court appearances, obtain court decisions and calendars." Users can also view information on both active and disposed cases in Civil Supreme and Local Civil Courts, and sign up for CaseTrac case tracking service to receive email notifications about activity in Civil Supreme Court cases.
- Legislature - Search and browse New York State Laws and Legislation and related information. The site also includes Bill Text, Status, Summaries, Sponsor Memos, Floor Votes, Senate and Assembly Floor Calendar and Committee Agendas.
- New York State Web Site - WWW.NY.GOV from New York State Department of Information Services: "Locate New York State Government information and services available on the Web." An agency-wide search box is available.
- Open Book New York - Search data from the NYS Office of the State Comptroller on local government spending; state contracts, spending and payments; and public authority information.
Find Information Collected by the State
- 511NY (Traffic, Travel and Transit Info) - NYS Department of Transportation: Includes real-time transportation status, traveler advisories, and the Travel Information Gateway.
- Affordable Housing Directory - New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR): Locate affordable rental housing anywhere in New York State. Search results appear in a map with a list of the street address(es). The AHD can also provide additional information on area services, stores, hospitals, and education and child care facilities.
- College Credit Recommendations (CCR) Directory - A program of the Board of Regents of The University of the State of New York, the National College Credit Recommendation Service is a not-for-profit educational advisory service that links learning experiences that take place outside of college classrooms to college degrees.
- Environmental Conservation Databases and Interactive Maps - Department of Environmental Conservation: A collection of database lookups and interactive maps. "The Department of Environmental Conservation collects a large amount of data while carrying out its mission of protecting human health and the environment. Monitoring, permitting, and inspection records, wildlife and habitat data, and other forms of information" may be available through these databases.
- Geographic Iinformation Systems Clearinghouse (NYS ) - NYS Office of Information Technology Services: Provides access to New York data sets and orthoimagery.
- Historic Markers - New York State Museum (New York State Education Department): The State Historic Marker Program, which was active from 1926 to 1966, maintains records of over 2,800 historic markers across the State. Although historic markers are no longer funded by State appropriations, the database is used for research, marker replacement, and tourism development.
- Horse Racing Databases - NYS Gaming Commission: Searchable dataabses include current racing licenses, track/VLT facility ownership, and the Equine Steriod Administration Log (ESAL).
- Kids' Well-being Indicators Clearinghouse (KWIC) - The New York State Council on Children and Families, comprised of 13 member NYS agencies, has developed a Web-based tool to gather, plot and monitor NYS children's health, education and well-being indicator data in order to improve outcomes for children and families.
- MuniPro Index - NYS Municipal Profiles - New York State Office of Real Property Services: "View Statewide Data or Select a County to find official addresses and other information."
- Newspapers - New York State Library (Education Department): The Library maintains a database of newspapers, on microfilm and in print, of significant newspapers in all communities in New York State since the first publication in 1725.
- Nursing Home Profile - New York State Department of Health: "Use this site for information about nursing homes in New York State and the quality of care they provide. The quality measures data are from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services."
- Prescription Drug Prices in New York State - New York State Department of Health: This site allows you to search for specific drugs from the list of 150 most frequently prescribed drugs.
- Unclaimed Funds, New York State - New York State Comptroller: New York State holds unclaimed funds in trust, with the State Comptroller acting as custodian. The money is held for the owners until they - or their heirs - claim it. Find out if New York State is holding money for you.
July 6, 2015