Searching the Catalog for New York State Documents
If a basic keyword search on the Library's online catalog is returning too many irrelevant results, try narrowing your search by using the POWER SEARCH option to limit your search to either NYS documents or electronic documents.
- Click on POWER SEARCH (see Power Search screenshot).
- Enter your search word(s).
- In the lower-right section of the screen, under Search Limits, click on the Location field (see Location screenshot) and select:
- ONLINE to search only digital documents. (This will include any items in our collections that are available online, not just State documents.)
- D-NYS-DOC to search only New York State Documents. (This will include all NYS documents, whether they are in a digital or print format).