U. S. Government Information
Federal Information at the NYS Library
Federal Depository Library Program - As a Federal Depository Library, the New York State Library maintains copies of a wide variety of U.S. documents and publications.
The New York State Library is also a U.S. Patent Depository Library.
Other Federal Information
Links below are to external sites that provide federal information.
FDsys: Provides free electronic access to the official, published version of important information products produced by the Federal Government, such as the Federal Register, the Congressional Record, and Commerce Business Daily.
- USA.gov: Portal to U.S. Government
- White House Web Site
- U.S. Federal Government Agencies Page: A list of Federal agencies on the Internet
- The United States Census Bureau Web Site: Part of the United States Department of Commerce, the Census Bureau web site is searchable, and contains statistical information on people, business, geography (including maps), and other subjects. It includes a link to American FactFinder, a new data access and dissemination system.
- U. S. House of Representatives Web Site
- U. S. Senate Web Site
- Biographical Directory of the U.S. Congress: Information about past and present members of the Senate and the House of Representatives.
- THOMAS (Legislative Information)
- Library of Congress Web Site
Government Site for Children
Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: This site serves as the educational component of GPO Access, the Government Printing Office's service to provide the official online version of legislative and regulatory information. The site's resources teach how the U.S. government works and how to use the primary source materials of GPO Access. Ben's Guide also serves as a locator service for U.S. Government Web sites developed for kids. The site guide is Ben Franklin.
- Infomine - Government Resources: The University of California's collection of links to a wide variety of online government information can be searched or browsed.
- Government Web Resources - Maintained by the Library of Congress, this page lists online sources of Federal government information.
- FedStats: Maintained by the Federal Interagency Council on Statistical Policy, this site provides easy access to a wide range of statistics and information produced by 70 Federal agencies.
- U.S. Consumer Gateway: This site compiles consumer information from several different federal agencies in one place.
- Consumer Information Center: Contains full text versions of hundreds of federal consumer publications.
- American Memory: Historical Collections for the National Digital Library: American Memory is a gateway to the Library of Congress' rich primary source materials relating to the history and culture of the United States. The site offers millions of digital items - text, images and audio files - from the Library's vast historical collections.
- ERIC: The U.S. Department of Education's database of education literature.
- FDsys: The Government Printing Office's gateway to Federal publications and documents.
- PubMed: The National Library of Medicine's free search service to over 16 million citations on the Medline and Pre-Medline databases.
- OSTI: From the US Department of Energy's Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI), as part of their mission to advance science and sustain technological creativity by making R&D findings available and useful to Department of Energy (DOE) researchers and the American people. Also visit the DOE Information Bridge for full-text DOE Report literature and the E-Print Network for a "one-stop shopping" site for preprints in science and technology.